Here’s what I had from 2011, and what happened:
– enjoy my job transition and make the most of it
Definitely have learned a ton, so CHECK!
– learn to bake desserts
All year in my head, this resolution was to learn to like dessert and not to bake it, and I’ve recently enjoyed some decadent chocolate cakes, so CHECK!
– take more improv classes
Not only did I take the amazing Lady Party and Dynamic Duos classes, but I met some great people and also joined a quasi-regular practice group and started doing a weekly podcast with someone I met in our improv workshop at MaxFunCon. So I’d say CHECK!
– do awesome photo projects
I put some photos I had taken on canvases that came out really well, but I can’t say I did much more than that. Resolution TO BE CARRIED FORWARD!
– be sincere
Yes. There were many times when this was tested and I was maybe too honest, but I’d like to think I was successful and even diplomatic at times. This was a huge victory. CHECK!
– keep my room clean (LOL!)
It had its moments of clean, but I think my predictive LOL was telling. FAIL!
Anyway, that’s a wrap on 2011. Looking ahead to next year, my goals:
- Do awesome photo projects
- Maintain strong connections with important friends and family
- Continue to explore professional and personal growth opportunities
- Function better in unplanned, last-minute scenarios or blips in plans
- Make this blog or another writing venture something more public, as long as I keep enjoy doing it
- Wear makeup a little bit more, but never spend more than 120 seconds on it.
- Take more improv classes, and continue to formulate what I want to do with it as it relates to longterm goals
- Become a member of a nonprofit board
- Cook more in cost effective, healthy, and fun ways
- Work on building a sustainable skillshare of some sort among friends
- Get Anderson Cooper to come for dinner
Good luck to me!