Why the sinkhole is round
I didn’t get it when I saw the pictures. It looks surreal…right?
I did a few minutes of reading about sinkholes and here are the key things I found out:
- limestone, gypsum, salt beds, and other rocks easily dissolvable in water are usually in the starting grounds for sinkholes
- heavy rains, extreme drought, and lots of construction can all aggravate potential sinkhole areas
- manmade caves (like sewers) can fail and cause holes like this one
- people who fall in don’t go to a parallel universe like Juliet on Lost; they die
- authorities treat sinkhole sites like crime scenes because arresting natural disasters or the government official who designed the sewer system is possible
- a sinkhole is sort of like a black hole, except different and without warning
- there are 40 days of floods predicted after a sinkhole
- if pi*r^2*h is the volume of a cylinder, and the ground falls out and kills lots of people, how much dirt is missing**?
I still don’t get why it’s so perfectly round.
(¡ʍoʍ ˙ʇǝǝɟ ɔıqnɔ ᄐᄅᄐ`ㄥᄅᄐ`⇂ ʇnoqɐ `sǝʇɐɯıʇsǝ ǝʌıʇɐʌɹǝsuoɔ ƃuısn**)