As a vegetarian, how could I ever vouch for the apparent relentless amazingness of Beef Jerky? I conducted a completely scientific survey via the Interwebs to find testimony reliable enough to convince me beyond a shred of doubt:
- They make GREAT business cards. (Mancouch)
- It’s good enough to steal and sell.
“Police told Miele the men planned to sell the stolen jerky to finance a trip from West Virginia through Somerset to New Stanton, where one of the suspect’s relatives was having car trouble.”
- Crazy Ed’s Roadkill, a totally boutique beef jerky retailer, has 150 fans on Facebook even though it no longer sells online.
- Matt Newton and aliens of the world like it. (Number 1 search result for “beef jerky” on google that was posted on tumblr)
- Beef Jerky is delicious. #knownfact (Joe, gchat, 2/22/2011)
- Hillbillies eat it up. (incredible YouTube video)
- Crimson Phonix loves it.
“Oh man, homemade jerky is one of the best things ever. I got a friend upstairs at the dorm with a dehydrator who really knows what he’s doing and sometime, he needs to show me how he mixes his marinades. If he has the time, he’ll make me a batch provided I cover the cost of materials, which is great considering three cheap steaks or cuts of beef and all the sauces and ingredients overfills a gallon ziploc bag and costs about $15-$20 to make depending on the price of meat, with enough ingredients left over for some another small batch or a stir-fry. Great stuff, got me through a week at Big Bend with plenty to share.”
- Jerky fans are well seasoned and loyal to no end. (World Kitchens)
- Jerky eaters are also members of P.E.T.A. (mikeyinokc)
- EVERYONE who likes it describes it as AWESOME and some even as HEALTHY (a farmer)
I’m not convinced, but I’m thoroughly entertained. Why do you like beef jerky?